Improved (But not New)

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Old and New Bedsock

Ok, so I got rid of that space that was showing up in IE and made a bit more room for text and all. Not sure when I will get around to giving this site more of a design ... I guess being not broken and readable is more important though. I also tried to get my little L'Espion camera to work on Skype to no avail. It was a full on sit on my butt in front of the computer kind of day.

Bedsock Ribs

In knitting news, here you can see my old bed sock and my new bedsock, pink pretty and sans holes. I love it. I knitted it really wide so that it would be super comfy and the ribbing would show up clearly and not be stretched out. I used just short of 185 yards of yarn, the pattern called for about 140. I just love the way they (it) turned out.

The colours are about right when viewed on a Mac screen, a little too hot pink when seen on a PC. Something is wrong with Blogger though because only the links for the image popups show up and not the images them selves, I have no idea why.

Bedsock From the Side

I have so many things I want to knit right now, I need a 3 day weekend every week. I just got a sweaters worth of wool with money from a team peer award our department got at work, I have a touque to knit for my nephew. Its a long story to be told later, but seriously, is that not the best touque ever? How could you not want to knit something with instructions such as "Draw each toe's end tail down through toe and bury in drumstick." I also wanted to knit myself a scarf for the winter, to go with the mitts I am designing, but we will see how it all goes. I have finished the design for the mitts and I am super happy with them; also a story to be told later.